Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Argh!!!!  (Read 794 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Argh!!!!
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

I hate this! Everytime a dwarf goes into prison, he automatically wants to schedule a meeting with the mayor. But if the prison sentence is too long, he goes from "attend meeting" to "no job"

So whenever he gets released, he goes into idle mode forever no matter what you tell him to do.

To make matters worse, because of this invisible undone meeting, the Mayor will never schedule another meeting with anyone. Regardless of whether he's the merchant prince or another dwarf. Which then perpetuates the problem!

EDIT: Here is the save file:  http://www.humyo.com/F/71188037/EMBED

The one who started it all is 'Dervish', the legendary woodcrafter. If you observe her, she never does anything other than "Store personal item (or something like that)" and drinking, eating, or sleeping. She also just stands in the spot where she was standing last with the "no job" symbol. She spars when enlisted into the military but when unrecruited, goes back to the "no job" thing.

Another one doing this horrible cycle is a legendary miner who I labelled as a "lost cause" and is now a recruit because he was doing the exact same thing and there was nothing I could do.

Also notice the Human merchant prince attempting to meet with the mayor but not being able to because of this stupid bug. He's been there for months now.

The mayor can do everything except schedule meetings.

I tried killing all parties one by one, but it doesn't do anything.

HELP!!!!! If another dwarf wants to schedule a meeting, he'll go into the same "no job" cycle as well!

[ January 18, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

[ January 18, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Argh!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

I've downloaded it and I'll take a look when I go through the accumulated saves.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:56:00 am »

Okay, I've sorted this one out, I think.  The mayor was trying to meet with three people at once, and that was confusing.  I think I've identified what caused it to happen in the first place, but we'll have to see.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 07:06:00 am »

Hmm, I wonder if this is what happened to my legendary carpenter after he was injured and unable to leave his bed for a long time.  It sounds awfully similar.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

I had the same problem, right down to not meeting the liaison.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles