Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33g]Forbidding and un-Forbidding bins  (Read 751 times)

rylen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[33g]Forbidding and un-Forbidding bins
« on: January 18, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

I forbade a large amount of stones to stop my masons from gathering rocks on different levels.  Some stones covered Craft Bins.  I un-forbade those bins.  Later, arranging to trade, I see that contents of the bins were also forbidden.  And I can't un-forbid those.

Save available.

Rylen

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [33g]Forbidding and un-Forbidding bins
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »

are you quite sure you cant unforbid them? its a bit of a hassle, but you should be able to view the bin contents and hit enter and f on every stone to unforbid it
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 06:26:00 pm »

So the forbid designation forbids both containers and their contents, and the unforbid designation does only the container?  Does it always do that?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

rylen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 12:15:00 am »

I've figured it out.  I mass forbade (d-f) the containers.  This forbade the contents.  

I manually reclaimed the containers.  This did not affect the contents.

Using mass reclaim restores contents and container.

And I can take Align's approach and toggle these individually.  Initially I thought I couldn't because while viewing the list of contents, forbidding only changed the container.  But when I viewed the object, I could change its status.

I don't know if this is ALWAYS always, but I tried it on several finished goods bins in different parts of my current fort and it happened every time.

I'm using 33g w/ Regional Prospector.