Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Perhaps add golems? Maybe when magic comes around?  (Read 748 times)

Mantonio

• Bay Watcher
  • Make Science!
    • View Profile
Perhaps add golems? Maybe when magic comes around?
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:42:59 pm »

I have no idea about coding so I don't know if this idea is even possible or not, but I thought I'd say it anyway.

I think that Golems are a very dwarven thing. For extremely advanced dwarfs they could practically be robots, while with the more magically inclined they can just be the good old fashioned animated stone kind. Either way, I think they could be included.

Maybe you need a certain noble to build them, who you cannot train yourself, similar to a Dungeon Master. They should be relatively hard to craft, needing a mix of stone, metal and gems. Once built they can either haul stuff, do basic things like pump operating or even fight for you. However they shouldn't be that controllable. Like dogs.

Perhaps even make them run on alcohol. You'll need a lot of it stocked to keep them running, and if they get too thirsty they die.

Who's the greatest warrior ever?
A hero of renown?
Who slayed an evil ocean?
Who cast the Lich King down?
BILLY!

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps add golems? Maybe when magic comes around?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:51:36 pm »

Goblins could just be creatures of a randomly selected size and a material (or depending on the material they were used to create). modders can already create things like this. The main thing would be to make it passble to create creatures in game.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:35:40 pm »

I like it, and now I want to do something similar to Metropolis.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:44:59 pm »

I think that there is a good chance we can mod in golems soon once "Eggs" are in the game.

I wouldn't mind Golems as Artifacts or possibly a lot of magic

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 09:22:40 am »

What if that artifact statue in your meeting room were to come alive as a kind of golem?
nothing