Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rules for a good working fortress  (Read 3456 times)

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
Re: Rules for a good working fortress
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 10:48:21 am »

Goblinite is a very important ore, and necessary to my fort's survival.
Elaborate a little, please? I only said not to bother melting stuff down if there's iron or tin and copper to be dug out. Or has Toady finally started implementing the Law of Conservation of Mass?

Look at it another way then: You get free weapons. Ok, great. But they're low quality. And you already have 3000000000 stone crafts lying around.

What do you do?

(Also, he does Law of Conservation of Mass, hence you get 4 bars of bisthmuth bronze per recipe. You don't get it from smelting because of the impurities and extra stuff put on them. Or some is just rendered unusable.)
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »

32.  Don't use dining rooms/wells/statue gardens/ any type of room as a meeting area.  Use zones, it prevents partying.

I like parties, it gives my dwarves happy thoughts. In fact in a mature fort I intentionally make at least a dozen or so of the rooms you just listed.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

cory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2010, 01:04:16 pm »

Why the fewer walls the better?
Isn't a wide city wall good for protecting my tree chopping dwarves?
Pages: 1 2 [3]