Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Discussion: Evil Genius-like Mod  (Read 956 times)

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
Discussion: Evil Genius-like Mod
« on: October 20, 2010, 10:28:35 am »

Didn't see anything under search so figured I'd throw this one up here since I was thinking about it today.

We have traps, we have digging in strange climates, we have dozens of henchmen..

We need an Evil Genius-esque mod.

Just for the raw sake of discussion, for the fun of it, if someone wants to run with this idea be my guest, but I figure its something worth talking about at least.

I figure Civilizations could be converted into Countries/Nationalities that would send soldiers to attack your bastion of evil on occasion, almost all soldiers would only be armed with modified versions of bows and crossbows that are guns, no melee weapons really (possibly daggers because they're evil enough).

Without a proper way to influence the world and research new technologies it would just boil down to keeping an army of minions alive against the onslaught of nations wanting you dead sadly.

Anyone have any other ideas or cool things we could do with it?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 10:34:08 am by Shadowclaimer »
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion: Evil Genius-like Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 06:28:56 pm »

Well, with the magma-flood devices...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion: Evil Genius-like Mod
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:30:59 pm »

You might be able to implement something approximating the different classes of minions by modding them in as different castes in the appropriate creature raws.

Some of the buildable structures could be modded in as custom buildings, then made functional with appropriate custom reactions.

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις