Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Messing with civs: Tigermen and Dwarves?  (Read 608 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Messing with civs: Tigermen and Dwarves?
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:48:04 am »

IIRC, if you add the creature tag for Tigermen to the Mountain Entity, tigermen will be akin to dwarfs.

From a thread in the DF General Discussion board involving a beautiful first post and the benefits of Tigermen. Is breadbocks' statement actually true?
くコ:彡

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Messing with civs: Tigermen and Dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:34:42 am »

I've never actually done it so i can't say for sure, but each civilization is based off a creature, and as far as I know there's no actual requirements for a creature to meet to create a civilization, so simply replacing the    [CREATURE:DWARF] right there on the second line with    [CREATURE:TIGERMAN] *should* work, however i have no doubt that it'll also introduce a number of various bugs and such.

Also, due to the fact that they seem to be twice the size of a dwarf by two years old, i would assume you would be stuck using "Large" armor, which i don't imagine you'd be able to make, so all your armor would have to come from human caravans or siegers.

I really have no clue though. I suppose you could just edit their size to stay at 60000 at year 2, like it is at year 1, and it would still work just fine, though reducing their size is taking two thirds of what makes them powerful away.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 02:36:39 am by Zaik »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:50:38 am »

Could I not just have [CREATURE:TIGERMAN] and [CREATURE:DWARF] at the same time?
くコ:彡

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 04:15:52 am »

You could certainly write that into a text document and save it, however i have no idea what in the hell would happen.

You should try generating a world like that and let me know what happens, because i'm kinda curious but not curious enough to interrupt a fort i have going that oddly hasn't taken an fps nosedive as fast as usual.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 06:21:35 am »

You'll end up with entire civs of tigermen and entire civs of dwarves. I tried something similar with Lizardmen back in 40d, but it didn't work.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 07:03:15 am »

You'll end up with entire civs of tigermen and entire civs of dwarves. I tried something similar with Lizardmen back in 40d, but it didn't work.

That's boring, i was kind of hoping for tigerdwarves.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 10:05:17 am »

If Tigermen are listed under the creatures of a civ, if a dwarf civ buys tigermen from the elves, what happens to the tigermen?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 10:08:43 am »

This thread made me think.. about modding Tigerdwarves..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 10:10:06 am »

If Tigermen are listed under the creatures of a civ, if a dwarf civ buys tigermen from the elves, what happens to the tigermen?

There were a couple of mods I used to play back in 40d which had civ members listed as pets and as far as I know they ended up acting pretty much entirely like other tame sentients.