Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33g] immobile disarmed dwarf  (Read 978 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[33g] immobile disarmed dwarf
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:44:00 am »

I have a dwarf that is thirsty, but won't move.  The dwarf was shot in the arm, but his legs appear to be fine (unlike 20 other civilians who decided that rushing the oncoming goblin army would be a good time, this guy survived; seems I need to implement techniques to avoid this mass suicide).  Other dwarves seem not to want to rescue him -- which is reasonable, since he can walk fine.  Should I email this one in?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: [33g] immobile disarmed dwarf
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 01:36:00 pm »

Nope. That's how it is. It's annoying, yes, but injury related problems would probably be simplified and touched up a bit later on. Maybe.

The time it takes to rescue, the "pain-nosleep" bug leading to inevitable death... yeah. All really annoying. There should be more importance put on giving water and food too.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »

I had a similar situation with my hunter.  What I did, was make sure there was a bed free (actually assigned one to my hunter) and a couple of idle dwarfs with only the "health care" tag and no other jobs activated.  I then activated/deactivated my hunter and immediately one of the idle dwarfs went to get him (recover wounded) and put him to bed.  The give food/water jobs then spawned normally and the dwarf eventually recovered.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by umiman:
<STRONG>Nope. That's how it is. It's annoying, yes, but injury related problems would probably be simplified and touched up a bit later on. Maybe.</STRONG>

OK, so, known bug / set of bugs, basically?

At some point that I wasn't looking, he finally went to bed.  And similarly, someone finally gave the starving / dehydrated / miserable kid (who had lost a parent and a sibling) food and water.  And someone started feeding the orphaned baby (who'd lost both parents, and a sibling) -- until said baby fell into the well (oops; time to baby-proof the dining room).

Silveron

• Bay Watcher
  • Arichect of Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:59:00 am »

You literally have to keep the dwarf babies away from staircases as well. Lost an entire fort except one baby... which a few days later decided to fall the 5 story staircase and explode.