Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RAW help: custom race  (Read 382 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
RAW help: custom race
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:26:30 am »

How do you make a race make tunnels/caves?
I replaced the dwarfs, and now i cannot embark with subterranean plant seeds.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RAW help: custom race
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:41:31 am »

I've got no experience with civilization/creature modding, however looking at the mountain entity i see:

[INDOOR_WOOD]
   [INDOOR_FARMING]
   [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]

If you have those in, and aren't getting subterranean stuff, then I have no clue., but those look like the tags that would control that at first glance.

Also it might be worth noting that I've had dwarven civs not have any underground plants/wood before, it was extremely rare in 31.12 but it happened once or twice to me, then never again. Just saying it could be a freak accident and the next world you generate could have them. I think it happens if your home civ ends up in a place with a 0 water cavern, but I have no idea and am too lazy to try to reproduce it. If you want to prevent that for good i'd say just set the minimum to 1 in your world gen file.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:43:23 am by Zaik »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]