Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Planting bug and item distance bug  (Read 576 times)

FFT

• Bay Watcher
  • stringless elsewhere -- don't click on old links
    • View Profile
    • audio
Planting bug and item distance bug
« on: November 03, 2007, 08:54:00 pm »

1. For no apparent reason, outdoor plants simply will not plant except on certain types of tile. Plots on grass work fine, but plots on indoor clay/loam/etc simply don't seem to work even if via [k] they're considered lit and outdoors. Other people seemingly haven't had this problem but it's shown up in two forts for me now. The plots build but insist that they have no seed options while plots on grass work fine.

2. Dwarves don't seem to consider the fact that just because they're just one level above some rock they've got to go a screen or two over to get to the stairs to that level. So my block-making masons (so much rock eesh) go effectively all over the place instead of just making blocks out of the orthoclase a few spaces away. Quite frustrating when all I want is yellow blocks for construction.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Planting bug and item distance bug
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:24:00 pm »

Are you trying to plant on the mountain biome?  It doesn't inform you right now, but if you settled in the mountains and there's a patch that's just grassless soil, it's probably a mountain biome square that doesn't accept any plant types.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!