Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipping has issues  (Read 727 times)

fyy0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equipping has issues
« on: October 11, 2010, 02:08:30 pm »

I started my journey with 1 copper battle axe, for my axeman.  Ofcourse my woodcutter had nothing to use so unequipped it temporarily from my axeman.  My woodcutter picked it up and was happily chopping wood.  I used that wood to create a wooden training axe for him to cut wood with.  I forbid the copper axe he had equipped and he put it back onto the weapon stockpile.  I unforbid it and went into the military menu for my axeman and hit (e) for equip and then Shift+(W) for weapon, specific weapon.  The only one listed is the training axe.  The copper battle axe is nowhere to be found, even though it's sitting on the weapon pile.  My woodcutter then refuses to pick up the training axe to cut wood, and sits idle, so I decide maybe I can force him by putting him into the military and assigning a specific weapon.  Nope, no go.  Refuses to pick up the training axe.  I then try and successfully equip the training axe on my axeman, and go back into his equip menu and discover the Copper Battle Axe is listed finally.  I have him equip that instead and unequip the training axe, he does that no problem.  Puts the training axe down and picks up the battle axe.  And finally, after all that, I now successfully assign my woodcutter to the training axe.

???

Brandstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Come hug me bro
    • View Profile
Re: Equipping has issues
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 03:46:34 pm »

I had a similar problem with a miner once. I had made him a new steel pick to replace the old copper one. I dumped his old pick, and instead of picking up a new one he went off to the meeting area and reported in as No Job. I fixed it by turning off, then turning on the mining labor. This is just a guess, but I think when a tool type weapon is used/equipped as a tool that it gets reserved for that, and dumping/forbidding doesn't always clear that reservation.