Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nonexistant Conduct Meetings  (Read 423 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Nonexistant Conduct Meetings
« on: January 13, 2008, 12:54:00 am »

Just before my legendary woodcrafter was jailed for breaking stuff, she had an "Attend meeting" job that never cancelled. So when she left prison, she wouldn't do anything at all. She would remain at "No job" forever, and if I left her alone, she'd just hang around in the manager's office but not attempt to start a meeting.

The only time she does anything anymore is if I recruited her into the military. But the moment I unrecruit her, she just does the same thing again.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Nonexistant Conduct Meetings
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 01:11:00 am »

Whups. Problem solved itself. Ignore this thread!

EDIT: no. Problem repeated itself. Fark.... I couldn't replicate the remedy. Help!

[ January 13, 2008: Message edited by: umiman ]

EDIT: eh... it corrected itself again after I locked the dwarf in question in the same room with the manager.

EDIT: Argh! It's happening again. With a different dwarf this time. It seems every time that a dwarf can't conduct a meeting with the mayor, he'll just sit in his room with "no job" until I can force him to conduct a meeting. But this time, there's no meeting appointing / conducting with either party!

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
Re: Nonexistant Conduct Meetings
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

I have a similar problem. All my elected mayors have always been champions. Now most of the time they would eventually conduct a meeting, but now I have random ex-mayors running back and forth up and down a staircase with the conduct meeting job listed. I tried to assign the non-mayor with the conduct meeting job 3 different offices, including the actual mayor's office, but she would not go anywhere near the office. I tried locking her in the same room with the liason, but that didn't solve it either because she won't go anywhere near a room with a table or chair in it.

I managed to miss the liason 2 years in a row and my first human merchant princess. Not really a big deal, but probably belongs here.