Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves don't want to haul some rocks.  (Read 868 times)

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves don't want to haul some rocks.
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:35:43 am »

I know they're not on break [at least not all of them], and they've just finished some pretty intensive stone management exercises up to this point by clearing out the interior of the fortress.  But outside I've done quite a bit of channeling to design an artificial lake that's going to surround a tower I'm going to be building later.  Part of the lake cut into some stone exposed to the surface so there's a lot of stones that need to be hauled off to one of the quantum dumps.  The problem is the dwarves just don't mobilize to haul these stones.  I know they can access the area because if I send them in there to do anything else they head right on in to the lake bottom.  So, yeah I could just flood it anyway but there's a lot of good rocks down there and some gems and metal deposits.  How do I at least get the valuables out?

[also, its not just the dumping command.  Even workshops won't detect the stones when all other stones on the map save for those are dumped.]
Cage traps are my magma.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
Re: Dwarves don't want to haul some rocks.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:48:05 am »

Check fort-wide orders, in particular Refuse.  If they've been told to ignore refuse either inside or outside, that's your most likely culprit.
Sanity is for the weak.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves don't want to haul some rocks.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:33:47 am »

Wow, never expected that.  Thanks!
Cage traps are my magma.