Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beyond Protocol  (Read 879 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Beyond Protocol
« on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:37 pm »

A 4x MMORTS by Dark Sky Entertainment, it's an extremely complex game that I played in the beta.

While I was somewhat turned off by the complexity when I played it a year or so ago, I think I might get back into it.

Has anyone else heard of/play this game?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:54:21 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Protocol
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:04:24 pm »

I heard of it during the beta, but never got around to trying it. (I started to look at the tutorial, saw how long it was going to take, and changed my mind about trying it right then. Never went back to it. I'm not very fond of MMOs.)

The two people I knew who had tried it quickly stopped and went on to play EVE instead.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:06:59 pm »

As per the (apparent) rule about it being better to necro than new post:

I spotted the name of this game in the Mechanics game thread, but not wanting to derail that thread with questions about this particular game, I was wondering if anyone from here currently plays the game? I had a look online for reviews but my google-fu must be on the blink right now as I couldn't find much. I am wondering if the game is worth the price, essencially. Both the purchase price and the recurring sub. Of course, I realise what I might find good in a game may not be the same as everyone else here, but on the whole I think the community seems to sway to roughly the same beat as I do when it comes to games, so if you feel like sharing your experiences I'd be grateful :)

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 12:09:51 pm »

i played the beta, it was real slow, and i doubt many people play it. would not recommend.

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 12:28:02 am »

It's for all intents and purposes a dead game. There are still a few players, but those few players control the whole galaxy, and there's not much point getting into it now...

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 08:29:55 am »

B12 should conquer the galaxy, with a mighty hand!

Obviously server costs must not be that high either.

EDIT: Seriously, though. If one other person wants to play the free trial with me, I wouldn't mind. No fight like one against impossible odds.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:34:04 am by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 05:34:30 pm »

Me and a mate (not of B12) are playing it right now. It's actually pretty enjoyable. Though it has a few crash bugs here and there, and it /really/ doesn't like alt+tabbing on XP. But for the most part, we're loving it! :)