Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mad hammerer!  (Read 767 times)

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
Mad hammerer!
« on: January 10, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »

Don't know if this is intentional, but... My hammerer lost his arms and can't hold the hammer any more.... But this didn't stop him, he is now BITING my dwarves as punishment! He already ripped of lots of limbs, and is carrying they on his mouth   :eek:

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Mad hammerer!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

That...is...HILARIOUS!!   :D

Reminds me of that post in the adventure mode forums about the guy going on a biting rampage in the middle of town.

EDIT: Apparently, the hammerer wil go to any lengths to enforce the law, even without his mighty hammer.

[ January 10, 2008: Message edited by: Impending Doom ]

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

This is Bug 334 " hammerer uses mouth when unable to carry hammer, carries around severed limbs in mouth for years".
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Lavastine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

How is that a bug? That is amazing!!

Fenrir

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 03:08:00 pm »

I laugh every time I open this thread.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 09:59:00 am »

Wow. Just wow. Remind me to see if I can burn off limbs with concentrated magma bursts..
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lavastine:
<STRONG>How is that a bug? That is amazing!!</STRONG>

I'd say the biting isn't really the bug, but the retention of chewed limbs is. Sounds like the Hammerer can hold multiple whole limbs in his mouth when he should only be able to just chomp chunks out, with how large dwarven mouths are supposed to be. (Then again, they do chug whole barrels of liquor directly... maybe their mouths are funneled and shark-like.)

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Fenrir

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>

I'd say the biting isn't really the bug, but the retention of chewed limbs is. Sounds like the Hammerer can hold multiple whole limbs in his mouth when he should only be able to just chomp chunks out, with how large dwarven mouths are supposed to be. (Then again, they do chug whole barrels of liquor directly... maybe their mouths are funneled and shark-like.)</STRONG>

The game doesn't know a difference between dwarven mouths and dragon mouths, so it decided to err on the side of awesomeness.