Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Citadel  (Read 839 times)

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin Citadel
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:16:18 am »

During worldgen I saw a "Goblin Citadel" flash past during the history generating part.  It was quite a ways back so I dunno if it survived.  It was very far south on the southern side of a massive map wide east-west mountain range and was nestled right up next to the antartic ice-cap/glacier.  While I couldn't find it when I tried to embark I noticed that goblins were perpetual "neighbors" everywhere on the southern glaciers, deserts, and other inhospitable terrain while the pansy humans and elves of course steered clear.

I intend to go searching for this citadel again, perhaps even trying to embark ontop of it and claim for it for the glory of the mountain halls!  My question is, is it likely to be some dinky little 4 z-level tower that the goblins think is a citadel, or is it possibly something out of lord of the rings?
Cage traps are my magma.

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Citadel
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:20:23 am »

Well, if you're on a version prior to .13, it'll probably be a couple keeps made of obsidian.  They aren't usually too tall, though, but they're relatively big and could be interesting to claim.

.13 and forward you can't embark on settlements and they don't have anything in them because Toady hasn't repaired them yet.

Also unless everyone has died out or your on an island or cut off from everything by mountains, you'll have every civ listed as a neighbor.