Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: trading crash, a clue...  (Read 436 times)

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
trading crash, a clue...
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:36:00 am »

i don't know if it'll help to squish this bug, but i noticed this:
human traders, two wagons. i have a novice broker (or whatever is the next after unskilled), but he was asleep and another dwarf traded. i could see a values of goods.
as far as i rebebber i selected all my goods to sale, and then started picking what i need froim traders... when you mark an item, the "trader profit" goes down. but when it should become zero, or a loss - in this case it suddenly became like 500 or so... still a trader profit...
at first i thought that they for some reason added additional wares from my depot. like maybe there was some automatic feature that i accidently turned on... a browsed over my goods, and saw that nothing changed... so i chose more human goods, and again when trader profit is near zero and you select an item - it goes up a couple of hundreds...
a suspicion that this trade will end very bad arose in me. and i was right. when i hit [t]rade - the game crashed...
so maybe theres some bug in value calculations... if it matters i traded my goods from the bins without selling those bins...
Toady, if you need it, i'll try to reproduce and post a save (explaining how to reproduce of course =) ), if i succed.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: trading crash, a clue...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »

Yeah, if you manage to reproduce the trade crash and have a save, that would be very useful.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: trading crash, a clue...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 03:29:00 am »

okaaaay... the behavior i mentiond may have happened due to me selecting a specific good of an already selected barrel... so the barrel gets deselected... i must have been really not paying attention cos it happened at least three times in a row at zero point... so i doubt me being sooo dumb, but that could be the case. still, keep that in mind, just so you don't chase a non-existing bugs...