Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My mayor asks the impossible  (Read 1717 times)

Mikehpoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My mayor asks the impossible
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 02:51:33 am »

My mayor just asked for a Steel Bed, tragedy is about to befall him I expect.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 02:53:45 am »

Impale him on a steel spike for maximum irony.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 05:36:14 am »

I lol'd.

It was a good thing after the killing of my legendary armorsmith, two months later, another armorsmith got a mood and got to legendary. Unfortunately, he then died of a sand raider ambush that just sprung out of nowhere. After driving them back, the mayor then had another mandate on two legged lizard horned items...  >:(

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 06:03:16 am »

I lol'd.

It was a good thing after the killing of my legendary armorsmith, two months later, another armorsmith got a mood and got to legendary. Unfortunately, he then died of a sand raider ambush that just sprung out of nowhere. After driving them back, the mayor then had another mandate on two legged lizard horned items...  >:(

Mayors who make difficult/impossible mandates get to try the suicide room. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 06:08:07 am »

Or Steely
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 10:04:43 am »

I guess you should row, row, fight the powah?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 10:04:54 am »

]Nope, not a bug. Your mayor just happens to have a preference for slade, and as such will make mandates involving it (whether that be creating slade items or banning export of slade items). Preferences will randomly pick from the multitude of stone types and doesn't take into consideration whether the stone is available on your map or if it can be dug out at all...this has always pissed off players who like to follow mandates - other item creation mandates which have tended to cause problems have been adamantine (for obvious reasons), crystal glass (if you didn't have raw rock crystals on your map in 40d then you were totally screwed. Now that you can import raw crystal glass, this is probably easier) and bismuth (the only bismuth item you can make is bismuth bars)

Actually, it is a bug - nobles never make mandates for stone goods (the last time they did was back in the old 2D version), but worlds generated in 0.31.12 and earlier mark slade (and raw adamantine and all of the "native" metal ores) as both a stone and a metal, making it eligible for material-based mandates. Version 0.31.13 fixed those stones to no longer be treated as metals, so worlds generated in that version (and later) will never get mandates for slade items.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 10:12:09 am »

Time for your mayor to meet ambassador magma in the meeting hall at the center of the world.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:19:55 am by Gearheart »
Pages: 1 [2]