Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Cat Splosion V1.1 - Haha, everybody hates you now! Also, you start with copper.  (Read 24660 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wanted to let you know something pretty neat I found.

In the world created by the Awesomecat worldgen, there is a nice, long mountain range in the middle. the dwarves seemed to think so, they built three forts near the middle. If you embark in a 3x3 area to the left of the bottom left fort of the three (your area will touch but not overlap the dwarf fort) you end up in a pretty cool embark. No magma that I know of, and I haven't done much exploration, but what follows is why I like it so much.

When you arrive, the cats have somehow parked their wagon on a pillar. Dig down two z-levels, then dig north and west to the large rectangle of mountain. Dig around here. You should find some damp stone. Dig around this, and you'll end up with a chunk of stone shaped like a "d". This is a very, very small aquifer. The level above is safe, so if you chanel out everthing except the retaining walls, then floor over it, you can get pop up a well for an infinite source of water, safe in the mountains.

I've built two forts here, though I restarted the first after a clumsy designation chaneled out a retaining wall, sending an infinite amount of wander rushing down my newly carved tunnel to the water source, that lead straight into my awesome kitty cabin, which was designed to hide the cat's mining projects from their dwarfy neighbors. Glug glug.

Note: this area is pretty barren. No animals, no magma, there is another aquifer on the lowest surface level (Z-1  :'( ), no trees. Should be Fun.

Question: would it be possible for me to make a towercap farm, since I have an aquifer, or would I need an underground river for that?

Oh, and this mod rocks. I changed things a little (main attack is a 1-6 damage Slash attack, bite is secondary, [multiple_litter_rare] back in) and I'm running the 1.3 version. I may install the new one or I might wait for the one for the next DF release. Thanks frogwarrior!

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't understand the instructions in the CatSplosion folder.

Am I supposed to replace the current raws with the CatSplosion Raws?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Are you in 40d or the current version?

I think you're supposed to copy the files in CATSplosion over the files with the same name in the vanilla, but some vanilla files need to be left alone so that CATSplosion can be playable.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:17:50 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile

Hmmm...maybe I should download 40d just to try this mod out :P  Although I would love it if someone made a version for 31.x (like they did with kobold camp.  hint hint ;))
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you in 40d or the current version?

I think you're supposed to copy the files in CATSplosion over the files with the same name in the vanilla, but some vanilla files need to be left alone so that CATSplosion can be playable.

df_31_10

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CatSplosion doesn't work with 31.10, as that's one of the DF2010 versions and CatSplosion was designed for 40d, the pre-2010 version. There were tons (and I do mean tons) of changes in the raw structures with the 2010 update that made all previous mods obsolete and almost-completely unusable, especially entity and creature mods like CatSplosion.

If you want to use this at this point, you're going to have to do so much conversion that it'd be as much as making a new mod out of whole cloth.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Might be worth it as this looks pretty neat...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Might be worth it as this looks pretty neat...
I've thought about doing it a number of times, as I loved being kitties for the last few months of 40d. However, I've never gotten around to acquiring the necessary skill to make the mod myself, and am not likely to have the time for at least the next few months.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

I do have a semi-version of this for the .31 versions (well, .12 at least).

Wild World

School bit me and I haven't been able to finish it yet, though.  But you can definitely play as cats.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Cool. I just did this:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3227

Edit: oh, didn't see the Wild World mod there.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 12:13:27 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

rntrndrw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I saw this I had this awesome image in my head of the little cats from MH running around with there little tools and simple armor!

Then I realized the cats in this mod are much more like regular cats....  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]