- 2 (7.7%)
Villian.
- 17 (65.4%)
Who cares? Just survive.
- 7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: October 06, 2010, 07:59:48 am

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Superhero or Villian RPG!  (Read 3853 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero or Villian RPG!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 04:50:51 am »

Now that the power gain doesn't completely contradict the storyline? yes. thank you.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 04:53:01 am »

Name: Deron 'Fuller' Zimber
Sex: Male
Power(s) max of 5: Ability to control people's mines, the ability to cause extreme mass fear in people, the ability to see in the dark like it is during the day and the ability to shoot balls of fire out of his hand.
General Personality: Very straight forward and to the point, Deron does not care for small talk or stupidity in people or in his life. Will do whatever it takes to get to the point, which has been honed over the years due to his crime life.
Super Name(optional): The Boss.
How you got your powers: When his left hand was burnt badly by an experimental welder, it unlocked parts of him inside him that he did not know about.
Backstory: Born into a large family, Deron was ignored for the whole of his young life, during which, he made himself in the darker side of the law. 10 years on and Deron works for the local Mafia, but is looking to making his own way. With the help of some ever so helpful friends, that is. He also had his left hand badly burnt after it was burnt badly by an experimental welder, when he was doing a job. He is currently at home, resting to aid the healing of his hand

Hows that? And the mind one now means actual mind control/manipulation now.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:04:15 am by nuker w »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 05:10:24 am »

Name:Edward Ellington
Sex:M
Power(s) max of 5: Copy(Create temporary copies of other people), sense unnatural(sense if something that isn't base, standard, mundane is nearby, and a vague sense of direction. be able to tell if a super being is behind me, but not aim at it. Feel that something is strange if I walk past a magical illusion of a wall. Possibly even pick up an atomic power generator in a building next to me.)
General Personality: Cautious, restrained, likes to plan things out in advance.
Super Name(optional): Martian
How you got your powers: A super somehow detonated themselves near me. I woke up to the feeling of their energies being drawn into me and felt a sensation of emulating them. After I recovered I was attuned to the power I had felt and could emulate all manner of people.
Worked as an accountant, never married, unpopular growing up, boring job, nothing exciting ever happened to me until now...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 07:52:23 am »

Acceptible. so far RAM yours is the only one that is assured to be in. the Other two are Maybes at the moment/
Because I can"-WolfTengu

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 02:32:28 pm »

Name: Alexander Kyrby
Power(s) max of 5: Insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanely lucky.
General Personality: Rather carefree, hates the government for banning children's card games.
Super Name(optional): Clover.
How you got your powers: Yesterday, he decided to stick a METRIC FUCKTON of four-leaf clovers into his back pocket.
Backstory: Pretty much the unpowered version of Yugi Moto, minus the ancient puzzle and plus tons of clovers.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 05:06:49 pm »

If someone had no idea who Yugi Moto was, would you be able to offer a brief outline?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 07:12:12 pm »

Well, dunno if I'm too late but here.

Name: Jack "Inkwell" De Luca
Power(s) max of 5: Can utterly annihilate a weak-minded person's personality, and replace it with one of 52 card-themed personalities completely loyal to him.
General Personality: Absolute control freak, but extremely suave and classy to make up for it. has a love of Frank Sinatra and Sinatra-esque music, and will go to comically absurd lengths to acquire copies of it. Is frighteningly eloquent when angry, but otherwise prefers to speak in short, simple sentences to make sure not even the dumbest goon could misunderstand his orders.
Super Name(optional): The House
How you got your powers: A magical set of cards
Backstory: Jack is an up-and-coming mobster in the city, having spent the last few years climbing his way up the ladder to a respectable position somewhere in the middle. Recently, his family invaded the home of a local magician hero who had gotten in the way of their last few crimes. Not expecting their arrival, the sorcerer died quickly and quite painfully. While looting the house, Jack came across a seemingly innocent set of cards. He always loved playing blackjack as a kid, so he pocketed them as a bit of a reward for his role in the attack. He figured no one would miss the cards.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:34:25 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 08:44:44 pm »

With five powers someone should do an elemental hero!
They could have control over earth, fire, wind, water, and, meh, make something up...
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 09:03:40 pm »

With five powers someone should do an elemental hero!
They could have control over earth, fire, wind, water, and, meh, make something up...

Energy?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 09:23:11 pm »

CJ1145, like I said your powers will 'activate' for the first time near the beginning of the RPG or just before it.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 09:53:03 pm »

Acceptible. so far RAM yours is the only one that is assured to be in. the Other two are Maybes at the moment/

What the hell is wrong with mine then?...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 10:11:59 pm »

Name: Deron 'Fuller' Zimber
Power(s) max of 5: Ability to control people in a way that does not kill them (i.e Minon's with brains/great charisma), the ability to cause mass fear in people, the ability to see in the dark like it is during the night, the ability to shoot balls of fire out of his hand.
General Personality: Very straight forward and to the point, Deron does not care for small talk or stupidity in people or in his life. Will do whatever it takes to get to the point, which has been honed over the years due to his crime life.
Super Name(optional): The Boss.
How you got your powers: Years of 'practice' in his 'job' and when his left hand was burnt badly by the experimental welder, it allowed him to SHOOT FIRE.
Backstory: Born into a large family, Deron was ignored for the whole of his young life, during which, he made himself in the darker side of the law. 10 years on and Deron works for the local Mafia, but is looking to making his own way. With the help of some ever so helpful friends, that is. He also had his left hand badly burnt after it was burnt badly by an experimental welder, when he was doing a job.

Also, yay for being a lurker, yet getting in first.

Done.
lost of practice doesn't seem to be very well defined with relation to the powers, but I assume that it is basically a super personality power, you can compel and intimidate people to an unnatural extent, have experience operating in dark conditions, and the welder was producing an experimental plasma induction field that melded with your hand's bio-electric field and imbued it with the ability to generate and project fireballs...
Although it is a bit of a conflict with newly discovered powers and building skills over time, although you may not have realised their full potential until you spent time in contemplation recovering from the burns.
Read the First Post!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 01:50:08 am »

If someone had no idea who Yugi Moto was, would you be able to offer a brief outline?
Or... http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yugi_Moto
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 03:34:35 pm »

CJ1145, like I said your powers will 'activate' for the first time near the beginning of the RPG or just before it.

How is the updated version?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 02:16:40 am »

How is the updated version?
It's good, you also are accepted.
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 [3]