Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Genre Crossover Thread  (Read 676 times)

Sneer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Genre Crossover Thread
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:06:48 am »

I had the weirdest dream recently. But first things first.

I watch anime but not a lot of it. I have probably seen a handful and most of them not completely. A couple of days ago me and a couple of friends were listening through intro songs from different anime series. With anime fresh in mind I dreamed about it.

In the dream I was watching an anime about a warrior/adventurer/swordsman/fighter (something like that) in a fantasy setting. He had a lot of followers of different fighting styles and different intentions. He was their master and teacher. The weird thing was that when I woke up I realized that I had subconsciously made a crossover between GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) and the fantasy genre. What hit me was that I would actually like to see something like that in real life.

tl;dr : I dreamed about a crossover between Great Teacher Onizuka and the fantasy genre and liked the idea when i woke up.

What do you think of this crossover? Does anything like it exist already?

Have you thought about any crossover yourself?
Just write about anything. It doesn't have to be anime.
Take a knife to a gunfight and stab your opponents while they laugh.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Genre Crossover Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:09:59 am »

Crossovers have the potencial to be incredibly idiotic, or insanely epic. I haven't really thought up many crossovers myself but i do read alot of crossover fanfics.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu