Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Injury bug  (Read 677 times)

Snappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Injury bug
« on: September 25, 2010, 02:41:58 pm »

So there's this dwarven child who was injured in the danger room. Her foot got all smashed up. Now she's hanging out in the hospital. My doctor keeps hauling her to the traction bench but then says she's not resting, and leaves her there. She then pathetically crawls back to her bed (three tiles away) over several weeks. The cycle of pain continues. 

Now, from what I've been reading this seems like the kind of situation where I need to re-injure her. How can I best accomplish this? Build a repeating training spear under her?

Also, is there any way to get rid of the "Urist McMissingLimb cancels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible" spam? I have several badass amputee champions but they're driving me up the wall.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Injury bug
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 03:20:14 pm »

Also, is there any way to get rid of the "Urist McMissingLimb cancels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible" spam? I have several badass amputee champions but they're driving me up the wall.

Forbid all non-hospital soap.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Alogism

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 03:52:15 pm »

Your issue is the bench, It's 3 tiles away, So your doctor goes to move her to the bench, She wakes up during the trip, And isn't resting. Rebuild the bench right NEXT to a bed, And this will be fixed, It's the same deal with tables, They also need to be directly adjacent

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 06:23:46 pm »

Your issue is the bench, It's 3 tiles away, So your doctor goes to move her to the bench, She wakes up during the trip, And isn't resting. Rebuild the bench right NEXT to a bed, And this will be fixed, It's the same deal with tables, They also need to be directly adjacent

this is news to me
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Alogism

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:32:41 pm »

this is news to me

I had the same issue awhile back, The wiki led to me to and when I re-arranged everything started working again, Worth a try, At least
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60231.0

I think if the table (for surgery) or traction bench (for traction) is more than one square away from the patient, they wind up getting rest turned off. I had the same problem you had and restructured my hospital so the above didn't happen, and the problem seemed to go away. As for the dwarf who had his surgery interrupted, if he doesn't go back to resting on a bed you might have to reinjure him.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 02:05:31 am »

glad i saw this thread, because a child with prodigious physical attributes got his arm shattered when he wandered into the training room, and now needs traction, and yes this trick works.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:22:47 am by slothen »
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku