Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Beyond The Mountains. [On Hiatus]  (Read 6373 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond The Mountains.
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2010, 05:51:51 pm »

Extension granted, this is interesting.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2010, 06:56:01 pm »

So.... About my idea???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2010, 08:29:31 pm »

My troops are just there in support of the attack, not leading it.  You'll have to talk to Sheb.

Also, I choose to spend nothing this turn.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:33:26 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2010, 02:37:15 am »

So, basically, you want 1/3rd of the battle's spoil without sending a single man to fight it? With nothing in exchange? I mean, it's not even a threat, like saying "Give me some of the spoils or I will strike you in the back, spoiling it for you!". No, if I don't agree, you will ask my ally not to help me on that battle.

Even if we don't take into account that my forces are greater than those of the Nameless Lord of the Nameless City and that I can still hope to win without the Helmontian, it would be ridiculous for you to expect me to agree to your offer.

However, I'd be glad to become your ally, and will send one ressource worth of the spoil as a gift once this business is over.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2010, 02:38:01 pm »

I will in fact help you take the city if you agree, or I will help keep it if you do not.

I do not wish to see someone (other then me) gain such a large amount of power at this point in the game.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2010, 11:45:07 pm »

Massive amout of power? You get a continent for the taking, while I'm stuck on that peninsula! (Well, until we get boats).
Anyway, I'm sorry, but you are just to far away. Helping taking it would mean waiting for you a looooong time, while your preventing the attack would mean attacking Helmont City, then Tortuga, just to arrive on the battlefield.

(Seriously, it is not a "massive gain of power". ARmok is getting 2 ressources/turn from this city, I'm doing this mostly because I can and not doing it would mean he'd end up attacking me (since I'm blocking his access to the continent).)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2010, 10:22:17 am »

Sorry guys but I gotta stop the game for a bit. I'm hosting this game on another site, one with mostly friends of mine, and one of the players just pissed me off so much I am just not in the mood for this game at the moment. I'll have to put it on hiatus for a few days, sorry.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond The Mountains. [On Hiatus]
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2010, 10:51:02 am »

It’s just as well, I had exams to study for, and couldn’t post until today. Take as long as you need.

Anyway, I send another resources worth of gifts to the dwarves. I ask the dwarves for passage through the mountains to the other side into that desert. If they agree, I send the scouts into the desert beyond to claim more land. Oh, and I inform the dwarves of the hostile actions up north, assuming that I’ve received news of it, and ask them to consider an alliance. Meanwhile, the militia returns home, and I train another militia unit.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2010, 11:04:09 am »

That's fine.  Remember, you're DM- you can make a meteor storm depopulate his lands!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2010, 12:03:45 pm »

Well, I had exams to study for too, so no problem. An I agree on the meteor storm. Nothing like a good old meteor storm to remind players who the boss is.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]