Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McStonecarver cancels sleep interuppted by goblin pikeman  (Read 571 times)

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
Urist McStonecarver cancels sleep interuppted by goblin pikeman
« on: October 04, 2010, 11:59:05 pm »

While I was in the middle of setting up the spinny killy death traps in the entrance when some goblins decided it was a great time to ambush. I immediately raised the drawbridge to prevent all access till my mechanics finished setting everything up so I could lower the bridge and watch them charge to their dooms. The problem is when they go to the entrance to place a serrated blade or the mechanisms they see a goblin pikeman standing around menacingly one z level below with no danger of attack so they drop everything and flee in terror. The goblin crossbowman used up all his bolts shooting at the second toughest cat in the universe (who is still alive walking around with 3 silver bolts stuck in it), and there's a stone carver trying to go back inside but again he sees the harmless pikeman and runs away from the entrance.

How to fix without experiencing FUN?
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McStonecarver cancels sleep interuppted by goblin pikeman
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:18:10 am »

Easy fix= Flood the z-level the gabbo is on with water.
Dwarf fix= Put 3 units of water on the gabbo, pump up magma,???,Profit!

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 12:45:39 am »

Neither of those are possible due to frozen water, and due to some technical difficulties I had to restart the program so walls are going around the perimeter to prevent this from happening again.
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:43:01 am »

Unfortunately, I think the only way to solve this would be to build the traps farther back where the dwarves can't see the enemies, or to station some marksdwarves at the edge (if the gobbos don't have ranged troops of their own)
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit