Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moody dwarves don't do anything  (Read 839 times)

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
Moody dwarves don't do anything
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:12:24 pm »

I started a fortress for the sole purpose of having something awesome to explore in adventure mode. So far 2 dwarves have been taken by fey moods the first one just stood on a table till he went mad and the second hasn't taken to fortress madness yet.

My craftsdwarves workshops haven't been built yet so I'm hoping that's why, but never had this happen before. Any ideas gents?
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody dwarves don't do anything
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:19:42 pm »

If they don't have the proper workshop, they'll just stand around seething in anger until they flip out. Your craftsdwarves shops may have been the culprit.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:28:06 pm »

Well now no one is building the workshops to prevent my only peasant from hulking out it's being built from stone so I suspect that someone with masonry should build it so I found a mason disabled everything that wasn't...

forgot they needed crafting enabled too, I'm a dumbass.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:40:27 pm »

BEHOLD, I'd be mad about it but when I find it as an adventurer it's going to carve a swath of destruction and horror, I assume the name translates to Elf Raper.

Also you were right I just needed a workshop.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:54:22 pm »

If you press j, located the guy in a "Strange Mood" and press b to view the job, he'll tell you what he needs ... sorta.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:59:58 am by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:04 am »

They kinda need to have taken over a workshop then when you q over it it scrolls through what they need.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 01:02:59 am »

They kinda need to have taken over a workshop then when you q over it it scrolls through what they need.
It works before they grab a workshop as well, but it only tells you what workshop flavor he thinks you failed to build.  At least, thats how it worked for me in 31.12 when I discovered I didn't have a Glass Workshop (cause I lacked sand, and didn't know (yet) that one really should pick up a 6* bag of sand or three from a caravan when you get the chance ... he went insane, and a bone carver had to punch his lights out.  OK, the cross bow bolt from the side to his Left Lung didn't help any ...  ::)).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:12:51 am »

he went insane, and a bone carver had to punch his lights out.
One of my dorfs went insane, and a peasant punched Urist McScout's SKULL THROUGH HIS BRAIN
Urist McRocketFist is due for some military training.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:16:26 am »

Well now no one is building the workshops to prevent my only peasant from hulking out it's being built from stone so I suspect that someone with masonry should build it so I found a mason disabled everything that wasn't...

forgot they needed crafting enabled too, I'm a dumbass.
It's one of those just-went-braindead mistakes. Like one time I forgot that wooden items couldn't be used in pumps pumping magma....
When did I realize it? When the pumps started.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 08:21:54 am »

Nether-cap wood can.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!