Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Murders in reclaimed fort  (Read 514 times)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Murders in reclaimed fort
« on: September 25, 2010, 02:44:37 pm »

Hi, I'm new here.

Yesterday, I lost a fort to goblin invasion and decided to reclaim it-- or at least reclaim the area, by looting the remains of the old fort and digging a new fort in a better location on the map. I tore down most of the important buildings in the old fort and created counterparts for them in the new fort. I'm planning to dig channels and build a drawbridge for protection (crude, but effective).

However, when the dwarven caravan and diplomat arrived last night for the first time... I noticed my dorfs weren't moving the looted trade goods to the trade depot and went to check on the merchants.

DECEASED (his upper body is gone)
DECEASED (her upper body is gone)

Well, the diplomat was still there, right? I gave my expedition leader leave from the army, toggled off all his other duties... "No Job".

Where was my diplomat?

DECEASED (his upper body is gone)

There are goblins in the area, but a bug in reclaiming has made them perfectly friendly to the new settlement. Is it possible that they don't recognize the trade caravan/diplomat as part of New GlazedStrapped? Is there another explanation for the mysterious and sudden bisection of these dwarves?

And a little off-topic: How do I forbid weapons for my army members, to get them to train wrestling/dodging/armor use instead? Some of them are getting a little rusty.

Jayce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murders in reclaimed fort
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 03:24:34 pm »

These goblins will eventually become hostile,save time and tell your military to kill them now.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: Murders in reclaimed fort
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 05:18:53 pm »

I worry that my soldiers are under-trained and under-equipped. I'm thinking I might wait another year or so and get a danger room, a hospital, and some defenses set up, and some better armor.

ETA: Yeah, my military just got destroyed by three of the gobbies, and only took one down. There are six. Hooray for previous save + hard reset!