Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven PTSD?  (Read 778 times)

LNeas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarven PTSD?
« on: September 22, 2010, 06:42:34 am »

So after breaking my first major siege, one of my wounded soldiers who was also captain of the guard has been spamming "Dodok Bakuzasit, Macedwarf cancels Rest: Interrupted by Goblin Bowman." The problem? no goblins show up on my unit list and he's the only one that appears to see said goblin. Additionally, he appears to be wounded badly enough that he can't move himself inside, yet no one will bring him to be healed. I get no "cancels move patient" spam, ONLY his own spam. I tried extending my civilian burrow to include him, deactivating the burrow. Replacing him as captain of the guard and kicking him out of the military entirely. Even when he's been completely removed as a member of the military, he retains his "macedwarf" job label, and I never see a "dodok has become an (non military job)" notification. I'm running 31.12. Any suggestions as to how to snap him out of it?....short of killing him in a cave in. :P

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven PTSD?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 06:47:10 am »

Killing him with magma?
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

LNeas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:05 am »

Sadly I've gotten about -140 z levels down and still no magma. And ideally I'd like to recover and patch up this dwarf.

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 06:55:54 am »

Eheh, Couldn't resist.

Exactly how badly wounded is he?
If he's at all capable of walking you could try making him a miner/woodcutter and designating some mining/woodcutting to see if that does anything
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 07:43:58 am »

try to run him out of town in Hope, Washington, then arrest him for vagrancy

Urist McRambo has gone Berserk!
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:47:00 am »

I've seen this happen in the past, but it usually resolves when the creature causing the interruption dies or leaves the map.  If the Goblin Bowman is dead or gone, the only thing I can suggest is arranging a controlled cave-in.  Dig out the tile under him, then channel all the tiles around him, dropping him one Z-level.  This seems to reset stuck dwarves in my experience.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 07:47:32 am »

You could try reinjuring him?

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 08:06:33 am »

I've got to go with the cave in idea, either cave him in or cave in a tile right beside him to knock him unconscious so someone else will take him to the hospital, depending on how annoyed you are at him.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Tupimus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:08:23 am »

If memory serves, a classic non-harm method is building vertical bars under the dwarf.