Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I change the minimum in the training screen?  (Read 470 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
How do I change the minimum in the training screen?
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:44:16 am »

Hi,

So, I finally decided to start playing the 0.31.XX versions and downloaded 0.31.12 (since I have a mac that has issues with 0.31.13), and I'm trying to set up a squad with 1 dwarf to train.  How do I change the training minimum from 10 dwarves?  When I remove all default orders, then go to {o} (give order) and cycle through to the `train' order, this is my screen:

How do I change the military minimum from here?  (The wiki is currently down or I probably wouldn't need to ask.)

Thanks!
-Dame de la Licorne
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Impudence12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I change the minimum in the training screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:46:29 am »

/ * - + change them. I think the text is just obscured.
♪ This used to be a Funhouse ♫
♫ But now it's full of evil clowns ♪
♪ It's time to start the countdown ♫
♫ I'm gonna burn it down, down, down ♪

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:48:09 am »

Hi,

I had tried those, tried them again and they do work, but it doesn't say anywhere that I'm doing something until I shift+enter out of the screen.  Rather annoying.  Maybe if I change the key bindings again I'll see the text....

At any rate, sorry to clutter up the forums, folks!

-Dame de la Licorne

Edit: Yep, my keybindings were hiding the text, fixed now!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:58:53 am by Dame de la Licorne »
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Auto Slaughter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:24:05 pm »

Have you changed the key mappings?  In my instance of df on the same screen the minimum number indicator is underneath where it says "EqualsRightbracket-Leftbracket" in your screen shot - and instead of that it says "+*-/" because I haven't changed the key mappings so the indicator is still visible.

Pro tip, I use a PS3 USB game pad with all of the df directionals hooked up to the joysticks via AutoHotkey under Windows... makes arrowing around and adjusting the sizes of things slightly more bearable but you can't beat the df interface for crossed-eyes migraine-inducing fun.

P.S. You can search and read the wiki by adding your search terms here and clicking on the "cached" links instead of the main links in the search results.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:27:17 pm by Auto Slaughter »
Legendary Idler
“There's nothing better than a party that turns into a death trap.”

               — Russell T Davies, Doctor Who writer, speaking of some of his more popular plot lines