Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: workshop tasks disappearing  (Read 2059 times)

Darsius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
workshop tasks disappearing
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:23:05 pm »

I just downloaded the newest version of dwarf fort and I'm having some troubles with workshops. After exiting the workshop, any tasks I have assigned to it will disappear. I have dwarves with the appropriate labor enabled and I have assigned a manager, however, he has no office as I have been unable to produce any chairs as of yet. I've never experienced this problem in the older version and I'm assuming it's either some strange change in the game or a bug. not sure really. Please help.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: workshop tasks disappearing
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:06:45 am »

The manager only matters if you're making things by way of j->m. But he does need an office to do anything. If you're assigning from the workshop directly, check your announcements for cancellations.  Jobs will automatically be removed if they can't be fulfilled (no resources, unpowered magma building or millstone). 
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

zokhiz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:28:28 pm »

Talking about thread necromancy but but... Could not find info anywhere else with search so...

I am having kind of same problems as Darsius, when i try to manually or with manager issue orders to create lye or soap or do some smithing, the tasks stay only as long as the game is paused, and once i unpause the task's dissappear from the list.   I tried rebuilding the workshops, tried removing manager,  but nothing seems to work.  I do not have any materials forbidden and have plenty of neccessary items such as buckets and fuel and iron bars etc.

And if i remember correctly, the forges worked correctly until i issued first order with manager, after that everything broke down :/

game version is 31.12

---edit---
also started a new game and tried to create lye etc right from the get-go, does the same thing with disappearing task's on workshops

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 09:51:16 pm by zokhiz »

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 01:02:01 am »

Lye and soap making are kind of weird in .12.

I've seen all kind of strange behavior. Sometimes you can't even add a task and can only order stuff via the manager.

For no apparent reason after a while the tasks are sometimes available again. Not that they could be accomplished at all times. There is also the "need lye bearing barrel" annoyance.