Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible crash when viewing units in same square  (Read 708 times)

SquidDNA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possible crash when viewing units in same square
« on: November 02, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

The game paused and refocused because a goblin had just had a stone dropped on his head. Seeing who was in the area to switch to recruit wrestler and finish the job, I thought I saw a flash of a dwarf in the same square-- possibly a child he had already stolen. Anyway I tapped v and put the cursor over him, and got the goblin information. Then I tapped v again to cycle through units in the square, and the game crashed. I have had no trouble with this prior in this build, I suspect it has something to do with cycling between friendly and hostile units? Or a total coincidence.
Relicnews Forums Fleet Biologist

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible crash when viewing units in same square
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 12:51:00 pm »

I had this problem once. I think a couple of dwarves and a kobold were involved.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:09:00 am »

I also got this crash when viewing a human mule and a human guard who were in the same location.  I'd definitely say there's an issue of some sort.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 03:45:00 am »

I just had the problem too when trying to see what was in a human wagon. v once, no problem. v again, crash. Now I have to rebuild the building that I had made in the last hour and a half  :D
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »

I got this when looking at a human swordsman and a dwarven child in the same square. (ver 33a)
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »

Another report of this.  I was unsure what caused the crash, but after reading this, I am convinced it was the same issue.

(Now I wish I'd bothered to trace the stack.)

0x517A5D