Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sudden land fill on re-embark  (Read 1642 times)

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sudden land fill on re-embark
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:13:54 am »

I lost my initial three miners due to a stairwell planning accident -- they were all trapped underground with no stairwell back up. Since they refused to construct up/down stairs or ramps, I abandoned and re-took the area.

So my next batch of FUN came when I reclaimed the fort, and began unForbidding stuff. Lost six dwarves to a skelletal alligator, but what's worse is I've got a question: Is there any way to mark stuff for reclaiming without just looK/unForbid? Like can I do it from a list mode type thing?

So while my last guy is hauling stuff, suddenly I get a message about job cancelled, location inaccessible. Huh? I scroll back to the fort, and the entire fort is filled in! It's like no one dug there in the first place. Since he was a miner, I set him to work re-clearing out the entrance area, and when I hit where the farm plots used to be, they were still there. Just the farm plots and the kitchen and still. The dining room didn't exist, or any of the halls, or storage rooms.

Wierd.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:15:57 am by AngleWyrm »

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden land fill on re-embark
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 07:26:04 am »

I lost my initial three miners due to a stairwell planning accident -- they were all trapped underground with no stairwell back up. Since they refused to construct up/down stairs or ramps, I abandoned and re-took the area.

So my next batch of FUN came when I reclaimed the fort, and began unForbidding stuff. Lost six dwarves to a skelletal alligator, but what's worse is I've got a question: Is there any way to mark stuff for reclaiming without just looK/unForbid? Like can I do it from a list mode type thing?

Mass-unforbidding items by their type should be possible from the stock menu. Z -> stocks -> check out the F -letters
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:10:52 pm »

Maybe other dwarves moved in and killed themselves in a cave in?

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 01:50:10 pm »

are you sure it isn't just unexplored?
sometimes the fort will have a fog of war over it and you will have to explore it like caverns in order to map it out.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum