Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf traders bring tame vermin  (Read 541 times)

Spiders Everywhere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf traders bring tame vermin
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »

I've been asking the dwarven liaisons to bring me domestic animals, and every year they bring me cages full of toads, worms, and small birds instead. Worms aren't even supposed to be tamable. It looks a lot like what's happening is instead of bringing me my selections from the 6 entries in creature_domestic.txt, they're bringing me selections from the first 6 animals in the global list - from creature_amphibians.txt, creature_annelids.txt, and creature_birds.txt.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf traders bring tame vermin
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »

I had a note that somebody had recieved a tame worm before, and this is probably the explanation.  I'll wrap them all up into one bug report.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »

I've been having this problem as well. I've got a save just before the caravan arrives (so you can see the trade agreement, nothing but animals), if you want it, but my 56k will yell at you  :p

I usually order Horses (4 or 5 priority), Cows (4 or 5 priority), and Dogs (always max 5 priority), and they bring toads, grackles [corrected, had worms, but that was from elves], and orioles. I also usually have all of the various types of leather flagged at 1 priority, plus other things on occasion (though never higher than 3 unless I really need it).

[ December 05, 2007: Message edited by: Nesoo ]

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 06:49:00 am »

If a dwarf is starving... and you have caged vermin... will they go and eat them? Because this problem could be useful  :D