Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IPad version  (Read 9571 times)

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IPad version
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 01:49:00 am »

It might run if Toady made a completely gutted version.  No z-levels (so no caverns, no adamantine, no super fun stuff), go back to the old days when they had to build into the side of a cliff.... randomly generate a region for play but NOT an entire world.  Just an embark square with a river and a mountain to dig into.  That might be playable on an ipad, possibly.  Might need more gutting.

Of course, that will never happen.  The idea is kind of silly.  Why take everything Toady's done in the past few years and cut it out so it will fit on an ipad...? It will probably never run very well if it manages to run.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 01:52:05 am »

Well I think with the right programing we could make an app that enables to player to play dwarf fortress by conectiong to another system.

The merchandise would be interesting think about a dwarf fortress sock(to beat people with), or some dwarven crafts.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 07:32:17 pm »

Ooh.. black socks with little green and gray dorfy faces on them. I'd actually buy those. Or a black shirt with a huge pixelised happyface.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 01:21:07 am »

Don't care what, but something that menaces with spikes.  :D

EDIT: ooh! And how about a thong with a & on it, with the caption "CORRUPT INTENTIONS."  ;D

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:27:02 am by truckman1 »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

blizzerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 02:44:42 am »

the ipad does not have the processor power to run these games, especially not dwarven fortress
Pages: 1 [2]