Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *spoiler* artifacts  (Read 1474 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
*spoiler* artifacts
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:46:36 am »

Question: If your mooding weaponsmith is demanding, of all things, SLADE, do you exploit-channel some slade to see if he will make some sort of slade inclusive artifact? His preferences: "Slade, raw adamantine, raw adamantine, adamantine". Dunno why it says raw adamantine twice, but whatever. this is v 31.12.
Oh and all my other embark dwarves have either a preference for adamantine, slade, or both.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Re: *spoiler* artifacts
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:08 am »

You've embarked with a demon-worshipping cult by accident.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:31 am »

I'm sure that's a bug.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:44:21 am »

You've embarked with a demon-worshipping cult by accident.
Figures
I'm sure that's a bug.
I know.
Knowing that artifacts ignore material constraints, would it be possible to make a slade-containing artifact, despite slade being absolutely unuseable even if it is somehow mined?
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:56:14 am »

Probably.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 08:01:51 am »

Crap. Didn't get down to hell in time (mooded just after hfs breach). Berserk demon-worshiping dwarf FUN spiral wipeout

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:10:47 am »

If he was asking for "slade bars", then this is fortunately a glitch that won't happen anymore in version 0.31.13.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:05:38 pm »

If he was asking for "slade bars", then this is fortunately a glitch that won't happen anymore in version 0.31.13.
he was asking for "rocks" and you have raw adamantine in your stockpile with several other rock types, and none of it is in use or forbidden or whatever, what the hell is he after?