Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recreating the world..  (Read 350 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Recreating the world..
« on: September 17, 2010, 06:01:56 am »

I need to recreate a certain world that I used before. So I exported local images, and enter the seeds into the new world generation. BUT everytime I do this, it creates a different world. I'm not sure what's going on. I make sure that these are identical,
][TITLE:MEDIUM REGION]
    [SEED:935395115]
    [HISTORY_SEED:408853497]
    [NAME_SEED:2773217242]
    [CREATURE_SEED:3289226060]
    [DIM:129:129]

so I'm really not sure what else I have to enter.. Sorry if this is not making sense, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet..
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recreating the world..
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:16:33 am »

Every worldgen option has to be the same, not just the seeds.  This is why when you export local image it writes the entire worldgen block.

edit: to answer your question, if you want the world to come out the same, you have to copy the entire worldgen block from the previous world into your world_gen.txt; give it a unique name and put it at the top so it stands out.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:21:36 am »

Thank you, Mr. :)
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 06:53:01 am »

If you don't get it to work post again, this is a feature that a lot of people use for trading maps so whatever problems you might have ought to be solvable.  Good luck!