Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: soldiering to keep pops seperate.  (Read 1309 times)

aepurniet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
soldiering to keep pops seperate.
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:59:42 pm »

im trying to keep my OG 7 and my immigrant scrub pops separate.  my first attempt involved putting all the waves in separate burrows.  this failed because of crazy pathfinding spam about not being able to do jobs, and me not being able to deal with all that. (if you cant complete the job dont take it! instead those rocks sit there forever!)  anyways, this time in trying to do it with the military.  ive never used it since i just like to build.  whats the best way to sequester these fools in a burrow?  right now im using the defend burrow feature, but they all started flashing blue saying they are thirtsy.  will they die, or will they, in a flash of logic, walk over to the booze and drink?

aepurniet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: soldiering to keep pops seperate.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:05:55 pm »

they drank. disaster averted.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 03:14:32 am »

You can assign them to carry drinks in the supplies sub-menu. Waterskins can only carry water, but flasks can carry booze.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 05:59:09 am »

You can assign them to carry drinks in the supplies sub-menu. Waterskins can only carry water, but flasks can carry booze.
Doh. I did not know that.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.