Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] It weighs HOW much?!?  (Read 613 times)

OverrideB1

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Coffee-Drinker
    • View Profile
[38c] It weighs HOW much?!?
« on: March 10, 2008, 04:31:00 am »

Okay, I just noted an oddity with the Dwarven merchants that turned up in their wagons (3 of them). They had a bag of Plump Helmet Spawn that weighed a staggering amount -- so much that the weight over-wrote the price (which matched the price of the other bags they had). Needless to say, I was easily able to buy up everything since they now had something like a million WU (Weight Units) of free space for me to fill!

This might also be related to the Elven Traders that departed from my Trade Depot before the third member of the caravan had made it a third of the way to the Depot. If he was carrying one of these infinite-weight bags it would have slowed him right down. Although it might have been the Donkey in the Oaken Cage he was carrying on his back     :D

Edit: because correct spelling is your friend!

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: OverrideB1 ]

[ March 10, 2008: Message edited by: OverrideB1 ]

By the Beards of my Ancestors: There are Elephants inside the fortress. Seems like a good time to lie down right in front of them and... go to sleep
---last words of Cog Ingishontak, legendary Craftsdwarf

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [38c] It weighs HOW much?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 05:26:00 am »

Any saves with such bags?  I haven't seen it before, so I doubt I can get it to happen on my own.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

OverrideB1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 07:48:00 am »

Unfortunately not -- I carried on playing after buying out the 3 wagons, saving later. But if it occurs again I'll be sure to save it and send it to you
By the Beards of my Ancestors: There are Elephants inside the fortress. Seems like a good time to lie down right in front of them and... go to sleep

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 11:22:00 am »

Are you playing my minerals mod, perchance? Something might have gone wrong with my "graphite fiber" meta-plant...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

OverrideB1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 01:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Mirrsen:
<STRONG>Are you playing my minerals mod, perchance? Something might have gone wrong with my "graphite fiber" meta-plant...</STRONG>

Not this time -- it's plain vanilla DF at the moment.

I did have your mod in the previous version but I forgot to move it over from the backup folder to the newly installed version before I generated a world. I'd planned to move it over for the next world-generation though...

Keizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Proving dwarven motorcycle gangs are yankees too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 06:02:00 pm »

Yeah, I don't think this is a bug. Check your raws, look for that plump helmet spawn?
火族

OverrideB1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Keizo:
<STRONG>Yeah, I don't think this is a bug. Check your raws, look for that plump helmet spawn?</STRONG>

I can't see anything wrong with the raws for Plump Helmets:
code:
[MATGLOSS_PLANT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP]
[TILE:6][COLOR:5:0:0]
[NAME: plump helmet][NAME_PLURAL: plump helmets]
[GROWDUR:300][VALUE:2]
[DRINK:dwarven wine:5:0:0]
[DRINKVALUE:2]
[SEEDNAME: plump helmet spawn][SEED:4:0:1]
[GENPOWER:2]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[PREFSTRING:rounded tops]
[WET][DRY][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER]

And, as I said, this is a plain vanilla version of DF -- no mods installed because I was anxious to use 38c and forgot to drag the mods over from the backup folder before I generated a new world.

Another load of wagons turned up - Humans this time - and there were no super-dense items. So I'll wait until the Dwarf-traders turn up later and see if there's anything there that's... odd  :D

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »

Urist Forward cancels Mine Neutronium Ore: Collapsing.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.