Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drink stockpiles - Bug?  (Read 1447 times)

clem131

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Drink stockpiles - Bug?
« on: September 15, 2010, 03:51:46 am »

I'm running DF under Linux, version 0.31.12 (or so the release notes say). I created some custom 1 tile stockpiles with food within the range of a chained dwarf in prison. Two of these are explicitely customized to stock only drinks from plants. However, the dwarf complains of being thirsty and I noticed that all the stockpiles hold solid food. I tought I made a mistake, so I made a new custom stockpile for drinks only. I just witnessed a dwarf hauling a cooked plump helmet meal there. I found no bug report on the wiki about this, so I'm posting here since I'm relatively new and maybe I did something wrong.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drink stockpiles - Bug?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 05:01:38 am »

Same here (on Win XP). I have also a one tile food stockpile with only plant drinks allowed but the dwarves keep stocking it with first an empty barrel an then put prepared food in it.

Stardrinker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 05:07:37 am »

Prepared food has a separate toggle to the rest of the other solid foods. You can see it under the list of foods with a hotkey of u.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:33:18 am »

Oh well, I shall try that tonight, sounds like a possible solution.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 07:08:59 am »

I suffered from the same problem once before and was perplexed until I found "u: Prepared Foods".
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 08:24:19 am »

Also, in my experience, a 1 tile drink stockpile will always be stocked with an empty barrel and will never actually get drinks placed on it. This has already been reported in the bug tracker.

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 09:30:29 am »

There is a setting in the init's somewhere about how strictly you want the dwarves to stick to specific stockpiles. The defaukt setting is pretty strict, I believe. So this suggests that stockpile limitations are not absolute, and even if you disallow items, they might get put there anyhow. 
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 09:40:40 am »

Stuff being put in barrels that are in the wrong stockpile happens occasionally. Having lots of spare barrels and proper stockpiles for those other stuff was my approach to preventing it.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:22 am »

Also, in my experience, a 1 tile drink stockpile will always be stocked with an empty barrel and will never actually get drinks placed on it. This has already been reported in the bug tracker.
Hm, they also bring an empty barrel to a two tile stockpile ... ^^