Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork cloth used = miserable weaver  (Read 477 times)

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
Masterwork cloth used = miserable weaver
« on: November 20, 2006, 11:33:00 pm »

This is a bit of an irritating one. I have a legendary weaver and clothes maker who in the latest version quite often makes masterwork quality cloth. No problem with that specifically, but I just had another dwarf go into a fey mood and use a piece of masterwork cloth in the construction of his artifact, and my lovely little clothes maker is now miserable because her masterwork cloth was defaced in the process of making the artifact.   :roll:

I haven't noticed this problem in previous versions and I don't know yet if it only occurs with artifact creation or with creation of clothing from masterwork cloth (I don't think so), but I hate seeing my wonderful little clothier in a bad mood.

This game in question was started many versions ago, in case that matters.

Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork cloth used = miserable weaver
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 06:19:00 am »

it's just artifacts. I had a legendary weaver making piles of masterpiece cloth, but he didn't care at all when it got turned into clothes and bags.

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 09:05:00 am »

Still, that does sound like a little illogical. Artifacts are cool. You'd think they'd be proud to have their cloth used in one.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 11:19:00 pm »

Yeah, this is unintended.  Ideally, I'd have the artifacts only use thread, but it's hard for people to keep thread around, since it's auto-loomed.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!