Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bedroom - not being used properly  (Read 481 times)

Dracoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bedroom - not being used properly
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:31:11 am »

is it because all the furniture is so close together they can't get to the stuff at the back?

edit: bedroom is top centre of image

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Bedroom - not being used properly
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:56 am »

In what way is it "not being used properly"?

It looks to me like some dwarves are sleeping in some of the beds, so it looks like its working in some kind of way.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Dracoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:06:12 pm »

Sorry, should've said, some are sleeping in the bedroom on the floor, some are sleeping in other rooms on the floor, or in beds in the hospital which I haven't defined as a room.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:22:03 pm »

Well, there is a current bug in which dwarves sleep in whichever bed is closest, so that is probably why they are sleeping in the hospital and such, as for sleeping on the floor, I am not sure there, because if there are beds they should sleep in them, just not always the right ones.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 12:27:10 pm »

gtmattz is correct; dwarves don't respect bedroom assignments at the moment. Toady says that he has fixed this bug in the next release (.31.13) which should be out before too long. You'll have to deconstruct and rebuild every bed in your fort he says, but it's better than letting the bug continue indefinitely and constantly seeing "Urist McDumbass slept without a proper room recently."

Dracoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 03:29:07 pm »

oh, great, thanks

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 05:24:56 pm »

However, Dracoid is right: there is something wrong other than the assignments not respected.

In my current fort I made 84 private rooms for all the resident dwarves, plus there is a dormitory with twenty free beds as a temporary solution for children and immigrants, two assigned military barracks with ten beds each, an hospital with twelve free beds and I recently turned my prison room into a complex with six cells with full furnitures, including beds, to avoid death and bad thoughts in prisoners thrown in jail by some pesky noble. Since currently noone cares about the proper destination of a bed, from the sleep point of view this should be like overkill, more so if you think that dwarves don't even sleep all at the same time. Despite this, I still have someone sleeping on the floor, sometimes even a couple of tiles away from an empty bed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:44:45 pm by Lord Vetinari »