Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What stockpile settings do I need for this rope?  (Read 2249 times)

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What stockpile settings do I need for this rope?
« on: September 13, 2010, 03:20:43 pm »

Ok so my gem setter engraved a pig tail rope he found. I don't know if it was already in a stockpile when he found it but it's not getting put back into one. I have my stockpiles organized by workshop type so I have different material settings and I can't figure out which combo I need for this rope. I have the stockpile I want it in set to accept chains and for the material I have everything selected accept for stone and wood. I couldn't find ropes in the finished goods list so if it's not chains what is it?

Impudence12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What stockpile settings do I need for this rope?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:37 pm »

Chains are ropes. My first guess would be the quailty. Do you have any of those settings turned off for the stock pile? I am pretty sure you can't make chains out of wood or stone, so it is safe to turn those back on. It might be that pigtail counts as wood or something weird. I haven't had too much luck with getting to specific with certain stockpiles.
♪ This used to be a Funhouse ♫
♫ But now it's full of evil clowns ♪
♪ It's time to start the countdown ♫
♫ I'm gonna burn it down, down, down ♪

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:50:44 pm »

Good question.  I've never been able to figure out how to make stockpiles do what I want them to do.  For example, a furniture stockpile with "bags and containers" (or whatever it is called) and leather, plant fibre, and silk enabled, will still accumulate rock coffers.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 04:34:06 pm »

Chains should be located under furniture, if memory serves.