Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Yet another military questions thread  (Read 504 times)

ShDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Yet another military questions thread
« on: September 14, 2010, 04:59:55 pm »

I've searched here and on the wiki and there's a few questions that I can't find the answer to:

1) The default uniforms have things like "leather handwear", but I can't find a way to add that. I don't care if they wear mittens or gloves or greaves, but I can't find how to add "handwear' as a generic item.

2) My military guys keep getting relieved from duty and -instantly- conscripted again. Needless to say, they're all quite unhappy about this. I have a squad of 5, with training set to a minimum of 3, but people sometimes still drop out and then instantly come back. Is there a way to stop this? If not, how to I keep my military from going insane?

I had more, but now I can't remember them. This new military thing is infuriating.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
Re: Yet another military questions thread
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 06:13:03 pm »

1. The top of the Uniforms menu lists the commands you want.  First pick the type of item you want (in this case, (G)loves), then select the type of handwear.  You can also specify what kind of material is to be worn.  Unfortunately, the generic "handwear", "legwear", etc. labels are inaccessible to the player.

2. There doesn't seem to be any way to prevent the per-season forced status change just yet, short of giving squad orders from the Squad menu.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:16:47 pm by SkyRender »
Sanity is for the weak.