Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ethereal Trade Wagons  (Read 700 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Ethereal Trade Wagons
« on: November 02, 2007, 06:41:00 am »

I was looking at the pathing of the human caravan when I noticed the strangest thing: The wagon went down 1 z-level throuh solid rock to enter my fortress. There is no problem with access, 3-wide road old-style. Even cut down quite some trees to make room on the map.
Spooky!  :eek:
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
Re: Ethereal Trade Wagons
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 08:50:00 am »

That's how the humans will be able to siege a well-built dwarf fortress!
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 09:23:00 am »

Humans trying to siege my fortress will have to deal with TWO levels of staircases (they mess up the shocks on those wagons, ya know) to get anywhere but the farm or trade depot.

Oh, and I found a deposit of microcline right where I was digging out my Grand Hall, so I have lots of pretty cyan stones for making an impressive road and other stuff. Unfortunately, halfway through it turned to clay as the ground level above took a dip.

So I'll just make a ramp back at the hallway, and make my hall two tiles DEEP. :3

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »

On a somewhat similar topic, the human caravan that just arrived at my current fort is apparently composed of ghosts.  The wagons popped back and forth several times between the 0-z level and the -1-z level on their way to the depot, going through my refuse stockpile in the process.  Luckily I have a save from just prior to the caravan entering and every time I load the save, the same 'ghosting' happens.  I can upload it if you're interested, Toady.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur