Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aquifer removal  (Read 414 times)

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Aquifer removal
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:04:17 pm »

I am having a devil of a time removing aquifers. which almost break they game they are so frustrating and horrible etc. etc.

Those of us who hate them, REALLY hate them.

Anyways, I am talking about the new version, .13. What I've done hasn't seemed to have worked, as it used to work, changing the tags from [AQUIFER] to simply AQUIFER in the appropriate spots.... but it's been a while since I've done the process, so before I go blaming the new version, could someone please give me the steps to remove aquifers, so I can see if I'm just being a fool?
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aquifer removal
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »

Go into these files:
inorganic_stone_soil
inorganic_stone_mineral
inorganic_stone_layer

Replace all of the [AQUIFER] tags with something else like {AQUIFER} and then regen a new world.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
Re: Aquifer removal
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 06:21:32 pm »

Well, I somehow knew that and yet still I skipped the soil layer.

Boy, is my face red. Thank you.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."