Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 Mayors  (Read 961 times)

2 Mayors
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:26:00 am »

The Outpost Leader became Mayor from pop. increase, then another got elected but the old one is still marked as Mayor too!

Also, to avoid multiple posts: Does anybody know how to get Goblins to siege and not stand at map edge?

Surma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Mayors
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:04:00 am »

Well, you could just send a few squads to their deaths.. that'll get them goblins moving.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:45:00 am »

Same here. I designated some peasant as mayor, and had my original leader as well.
Then he got promoted to mayor and I had 2 mayors as well.
Workaround: don 't assign a mayor, wait for your leader to become it. Possible fix:  You should not be able to assign the mayor job. Maybe an extra noble profession: advisor, assignable. If your leader dies, he follows up (instead of some random dwarf)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 06:48:00 am »

Or.. We could keep the bug, and implement a power-struggle where the two mayors battle to the death! BLOOD FOR ARMOK!!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

aeroue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 10:47:00 am »

I had that bug too.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 11:00:00 am »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

Ah, I remember that thread now. Woops.

Starfisher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 10:18:00 am »

New twist to this bug:

One of my mayors went into a strange mood and wasn't able to find whatever the hell he wanted, so he went insane. He hasn't died yet, but I can't appoint the old mayor to be the mayor now. It lets me select him for the job, but when I get out of the noble screen and go back, it lists the post as vacant.

I'll update when the old mayor finally offs himself, but this could be fortress ruining if I manage to piss off every civilization by rebuffing their liasons.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 05:07:00 pm »

Mayors get elected. I don't think you select them.

Rondol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 03:03:00 am »

This just occured to me. It was quite irritating too -- I was nearing completion on his (and, in the process, the Captain of the Guard's) new, upgraded and all fancified quarters/office/etc when the switch occured. I had noticed a couple other times messages about my Mayor being elected to Mayor, which confused me since he already WAS the Mayor (rightly so too, he had torn the throat out of a giant leopard without help). Now I have to reassign the rooms to the new mayor. I hope I don't end up with ANOTHER new mayor and have to RE reassign the rooms.
lay IVAN -- Fear Dwarves!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 03:05:00 am »

I think it's that or make new ones, unless same person keeps getting elected.