Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Missing Child. (bug?)  (Read 610 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Missing Child. (bug?)
« on: September 11, 2010, 08:36:21 am »

No hacks, No mods. 3.12. I'm not sure what happened, but this game seems to have become bugged. The military just isn't functioning as it should, but more ominously, on Dwarf Therapist, it shows that I have three children, but in the game itself only one child shows up. The other two are not even listed as dead. Just not there at all. Also, one of my dwarves, (not noble) has all of his labours turned off and I can't turn them back on again. Last night the game crashed, and immediately afterwards, firefox decided to install some updates. Is there anything that can be done to de-bug this kind of thing. Do I need to restart maybe. I hope not as this is a very nice location. Volcano, flux, iron, infinite water in 2 very tall caverns, and seemingly friendly elephants. 
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Child. (bug?)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 08:43:46 am »

Friendly elephants?

Run. Run as fast as you can and nuke that embark from the orbit.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:12:28 am »

No hacks, No mods. 3.12. I'm not sure what happened, but this game seems to have become bugged. The military just isn't functioning as it should, but more ominously, on Dwarf Therapist, it shows that I have three children, but in the game itself only one child shows up. The other two are not even listed as dead. Just not there at all. Also, one of my dwarves, (not noble) has all of his labours turned off and I can't turn them back on again. Last night the game crashed, and immediately afterwards, firefox decided to install some updates. Is there anything that can be done to de-bug this kind of thing. Do I need to restart maybe. I hope not as this is a very nice location. Volcano, flux, iron, infinite water in 2 very tall caverns, and seemingly friendly elephants.

If you need to restart, why not just restart in the same location? (if you don't have a backup of the world you can export the params & seeds by using "export local image" from the options menu before you abandon/delete the fortress).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:14:54 am »

Your other two children were probably kidnapped by goblins.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 12:34:25 pm »

If children get kidnapped, does Therapist not notice this ? I understand that they got snatched, but I thought Therapist would remove them.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:17:17 pm »

There have been reports of post-snatcher ghost children with pretty much every utility to date that allows the user to see the entire population of your fort.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zebra2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:19:51 pm »

If children get kidnapped, does Therapist not notice this ? I understand that they got snatched, but I thought Therapist would remove them.

Probably just DT glitches and not DF glitches. About the dwarf that you can't assign labor: are you trying to do it manually or no?

Also, how if firefox related?

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 01:28:36 pm »

elephants are typically friendly for me...but then again I also play with them modded as domestic creatures...with one hundred tusks and 10000% the mass ;)
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]