Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven goblin dwarves  (Read 836 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven goblin dwarves
« on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:52 am »

I'm looking at a dwarven civilization that's captured dark fortresses, also populated by dwarves. No goblins left alive, but I suppose the dark fortress residents would have some if not all goblin-raised dwarves. When attempting an embark there, I see Goblins listed under civilization with a red mark. This is the only civilization, dwarven ruled and populated, within days of travel; so what goblins?

Before I embark I wonder: if I do get attacked, will it be by actual goblins, or by these dwarven goblins? And if these 'goblins' who are part of my civilization are attacking me, is that going to bring me into war with the whole civilization?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven goblin dwarves
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:00:32 am »

I would guess there is still a surviving goblin civ somwhere.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 05:08:25 am »

I staked them all out in adventurer mode, and they appeared to all serve the king in the mountainhome. The Historical Maps in Legends shows one solid civilization, all dwarven. There are goblin civs still around, but they're a few screens distance away.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 05:56:12 am »

The red mark just means some goblin civ somewhere in the world (that has access to your location) is at war with you. If your site is not completely secluded to the outside world then it doesn't matter how far away they are; they can still reach you.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.