Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Next bugs to fix?  (Read 544 times)

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Next bugs to fix?
« on: September 09, 2010, 01:26:34 pm »

Toady seems at last to proceed to fix bugs (as shown in 2010-09-06 log). It is sad that now for three days we are heard nothing from him. Ah well, so... what next bugs would you prefer to get fixed before release of 0.31.13?

My personal suggestions:
  • "Cannot follow order" for no reason at all. Especially marksdwarves that seems to shot a few times in archery range and mull after that with this message for months. And when at last they do shooting, they use combat bolts, not training bolts (or rather, use any bolts that dorf can and have). Yes, everything is configured and set according to wiki.
  • When my docs mull for months before finally doing their thing - you know, one month, diagnosis, second month cleaning... I get a little irritiated. Especially when some dorf succumbs to infection because of this criminal negligence. Yes, hospital is configured and set according to wiki. Yes, they had NO jobs besides medicinal professions.
  • Blood spreads. So. Much.

Of course, there are carpload of other bugs, but these are most annoying for me now.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Next bugs to fix?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 02:30:01 pm »

But if your Fortress isn't covered in blood, it's like kicking Armok in the teeth! And he would Not be happy.

That other stuff annoys me to, though.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 01:24:42 am »

But if your Fortress isn't covered in blood, it's like kicking Armok in the teeth!
Four words: forgotten beast deadly blood. Have Fun. Oh, and FPS too.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 08:11:26 am »

Blood should be fairly easy to fix just add a stage system which would be a gigantic/large/medium/small/tiny/miniscule amout of blood. If it spreads it moves one or multiple stages. When this is done we could also add a system that makes dwarfs unhappy to drink from contaiminated water.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:14:54 am by thijser »
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Ullallulloo

• Bay Watcher
  • My paperclip's name is Thomasalexandrenite.
    • View Profile
    • Ullallulloo's Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 05:54:58 pm »

Blood should be fairly easy to fix just add a stage system which would be a gigantic/large/medium/small/tiny/miniscule amout of blood. If it spreads it moves one or multiple stages. When this is done we could also add a system that makes dwarfs unhappy to drink from contaiminated water.
My well better filter it out though...I have a lot of mining accidents when digging wells...