Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: So I start school tomorrow  (Read 4815 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I start school tomorrow
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2010, 04:57:05 pm »

I envy the american course-system.
Wish I had the chance to choose from such interesting stuff.

Well let's see how University turns out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2010, 05:12:50 pm »

how did you miss three big words?

The title of the class was truncated in the syllabus and on the class schedule.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2010, 05:29:56 pm »

1 week to go, and arranging the computer games society is frikken hard work.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2010, 06:23:29 pm »

Just had my first day of class, and it's some Hordcore Academia this time. I'm up to Tier 2 Biology with a really funny and keenly intelligent German Icthyologist (whom I might get to travel with to the Galapagos Islands, and possibly work in his lab!), an Intro to Anthropology class for my minor, a lecture course on Archaeology, and Chemistry with Lab. Its the first time I've ever had large-scale lectures too... every class I've had thus far in my college career has been 30 students or less.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:44 pm »

Just had my first day of class, and it's some Hordcore Academia this time. I'm up to Tier 2 Biology with a really funny and keenly intelligent German Icthyologist (whom I might get to travel with to the Galapagos Islands, and possibly work in his lab!), an Intro to Anthropology class for my minor, a lecture course on Archaeology, and Chemistry with Lab. Its the first time I've ever had large-scale lectures too... every class I've had thus far in my college career has been 30 students or less.

That's srsly hordcore. Srsly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2010, 06:31:58 pm »

Auuuugh UC Berkeley you bastards ;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »

I'm in a Community College...for now, anyway.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:46 pm »

I should probably amend that:

I am currently trying to get back to my beloved math department, but they have this "proof of residence" form that requires some enormous amount of difficult-to-acquire data (a rather large amount coming from more than 20 years ago, like the date when my parents first got their drivers' licenses).  Thank goodness I started filling out that sucker more than two months in advance, but seriously... I want to go home!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2010, 06:43:48 pm »

Why would they do that?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2010, 06:44:33 pm »

Why would they do that?

Because they can charge more money to out-of-state students, and want to piss everyone off as much as possible.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2010, 06:45:44 pm »

Why not just charge more money for everyone, and kill two birds with one stone?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2010, 06:46:55 pm »

Why not just charge more money for everyone, and kill two birds with one stone?

Because our state wants to actually have a well-trained work force.  If you want people to buy a lot of something (like education), the best way to do that is to make it cheap.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 07:04:02 pm »

Starting uni in two weeks. I really should be bothered, but I'm not. I guess I don't bother about much unless any of my mates "bother for me"  ;)

Obviously, my mother is in a frenzy of productivity. I admire her but also feel sorry for her situation  ::)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:24 pm »

That's srsly hordcore. Srsly.

You know it. But yeah, it's my first class at a proper university, and my first semester of all Academic classes. It's a far cry from what I'll be doing once I'm done with the rest of my Pre-Reqs, but its fun. Also, I happen to be sharing a class with the twice-degreed Senior Intern from the Bird Rehabilitation Center I work at over the Summer. Good times.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2010, 09:11:22 pm »

I envy the american course-system.
Wish I had the chance to choose from such interesting stuff.
I can't wait for the Spring Quarter when some friends and I get to make amateur films for credit, as well as fun. We've made ridiculous films before, but now we can get (nearly) free college credit for it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]