Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forbidden Trade Depot Causes Problems  (Read 1092 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forbidden Trade Depot Causes Problems
« on: December 04, 2007, 01:28:00 pm »

Yeah. It does.

A dragon attacked me and burnt up 1/2 of my dwarves, so I forbid all of the burning bodies that were strewn around the entrance to my hall. I also forbid my trade depot and promptly forgot about the forbidding(?). Later on a dwarven caravan came and hung around the edge of the map complaining about needing a depot. I was confused as they could get to the one I had just fine. Finally they said they were leaving and right when that happened I remembered the forbidding(?) of the depot. I unforbid the depot and then I heard of some camel strucken by melancholy. This seemed kind of strange to me, so I searched around and finally found the sad camel at the edge of the map with the two traders and the other mount (also struken by melancholy) - the swordsdwarves had left. This was semi-nice as they also left their stuff that I did not have a chance to trade for. I then saved the game because it seemed like a bug.

region111

That link does not seem to want to work...

[ December 04, 2007: Message edited by: polpoint ]

[ December 04, 2007: Message edited by: polpoint ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Forbidden Trade Depot Causes Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 02:52:00 am »

The damage is done if they are melancholy already, so I can't do much with a save after the fact, but I can look at the depot selection/loss stuff.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

ssorion

Re: Forbidden Trade Depot Causes Problems
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:18:00 am »

i can confirm that, burning down depot causes merchants to get stuck on the edge.
Since i had fire-related problems on yearly basis ([FIREIMMUNE] + magma = burning your own fort quite often >.< ), and sometimes didnt build new depot instead burning/burned one, i got elven caravans going insane on map edge twice.
I did forbid it, but i believe i didnt remove forbid flag upon caravan arrival.