Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood cleanup  (Read 626 times)

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood cleanup
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:15:34 pm »

I miss the old cleanup blood on season change with the old version, where any blood above or below ground would vanish on the change of a season.

In fact  suspect blood spatter is what has been lagging all my forts thus far. There's nothing else common to all forts and games to explain the FPS going steadily down to 1,
no matter what I do. And nothing seems to fix it.

Is there a way to turn off blood spatter altogether? Could we have an option for this or return the seasonal blood cleanup? Any scripts for blood cleanup on Linux?

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood cleanup
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:17:26 pm »

DFHack has a tool for this.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:24:32 pm »

One that I have yet to get to work. I think this cleanup feature should be in DF, however, to maintain decent FPS.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:26:34 pm »

Maybe you could add some sort of reaction to the blood. Trough that might make your dwarfs act weird.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:26:55 pm »

One that I have yet to get to work. I think this cleanup feature should be in DF, however, to maintain decent FPS.

It doesn't work? How so?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".